Editor-in-Chief – China Boating (Blu Inc Media China)Description
Blu Inc Media is a subsidiary of Singapore Press Holdings, which is one of the largest media groups in Asia and listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange (SPH). Blu Inc Media publishes several magazines targeting Asia’s tycoons and entrepreneurs, including Asia-Pacific Boating, China Boating, JET Asia-Pacific, Asia Spa, POLO, Action Asia and LP - Luxury Properties.
Based in Blu Inc Media’s Shanghai office, the Editor-in-Chief leads the editorial team for China Boating, an industry-leading magazine covering the luxury boating and yachting world. The Editor-in-Chief reports to the Managing Director and is responsible for both print and online media. A key role of the Editor-in-Chief is to position China Boating as the publication of choice for boat owners and aspiring boat owners. The China Boating team gathers market intelligence and information on new boats, owners, races and industry events. Managerial duties include recruitment, day-to-day management, training, and development of the China Boating editorial team. Working closely with the circulation and graphics departments, this position is responsible for the content and timely production of eight issues per year. The Editor-in-Chief is both a subject-matter expert and a community leader for the boating industry in China.
- University education in Journalism or related discipline
- 8+ years of journalism experience, preferably senior managerial position in luxury or automotive publication
- Boating experience not required, but interest in boating and luxury sector a must
- Strong writing skills, able to contribute creative articles for print and online channels
- Organized, self-motivated, possessing attention to detail, able to handle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Chinese national, or ethnic Chinese with significant China experience; English proficiency preferred but not required
Other positions available