Features and Lifestyle EditorDescription
HER WORLD, Singapore’s Number One women’s magazine equips today’s stylish achiever with smart information on fashion, shopping, beauty, topical women’s issues, relevant social trends, relationships and lifestyle pursuits.
You will manage a team of writers to produce current, informative and engaging feature and lifestyle stories on women’s issues and trends.
Your responsibilities would include:
- planning the publication contents
- generating ideas for stories and features and brainstorming angles with the writers
- commissioning stories to in-house writers and freelance contributors
- copy editing and re-writing stories
- managing the deadlines of the writers and ensure that stories are submitted on time
- You must have at least 4 years of journalism experience
- Excellent writing skills with an appealing voice and a strong command of the English language
- You must have an enquiring mind, be well read and well informed on social issues, trends and development in Singapore and beyond
- Have keen interest in women’s issues as well as lifestyle issues
- As you would be managing a team, good supervisory skills and the ability to relate to people at all levels are also essential.
Other positions available